Thursday, March 09, 2006

Happy new Decade to me!!!!!!!

Feeling surprisingly gleeful on this day of days. I have officially entered a new decade and phase of life. I know it’s just another day, and I am officially only one day older but strangely enough it DOES feel a little different. I have already gone through all the feelings of inadequacy; still single, no kids, etc etc, I have been sad, scared etc..BUT those are all the things I don't have. The things I do have, far outweigh; SO instead of waiting till thanksgiving, I have decided to think of all the great things in my life on my BIG B-DAY!

--this morning I have a decorated cubicle and a hot (free) French vanilla cappuccino on my desk, and a happy b-day song to start the day. This means I have great co-workers. AND they made healthy snacks for me, so either they are really hungry OR they really like me. I prefer to think that it’s ME!
--I have an amazing family who never cease to amaze me, make me laugh or feel protected and loved!
--2 beautiful nieces and a nephew who are teaching me about patience, unconditional and instant love, and most importantly how to dodge flying feces
--I have AMAZING friends, who are fun, thoughtful, giving, beautiful, wonderful people
--a great job with challenges, security and lots of freedom (and I am secretly in love with my boss, so that's always fun) Oh wait that's NOT a secret.
--I'm healthy, and have an exercise regime that is easy to deal with and am ALMOST happy with my body etc.
---right now I am tanned, so that is always great, had a great trip south, and REALLY love my own country now
--I could also list all of the material things that make life fun, like my new TVO, car, etc but looking at all of the awesome things above makes the material things seem shallow and unimportant.

SO to sum up, on this super sunny day, I am oozing with gratitude for this life and for the people in it, and is probably the sappiest, happiest post I will ever make. I look forward to the thousands of guilt free calories that I will consume over the next 2 days, and hope to post later with any B-day adventures that might come up! Peace out!

j

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home