Friday, March 04, 2005

Dreadfull Events!

Although 99.9% of the time, the purpose of our blog is to rant, share silly comments and enjoy ourselves. Today I feel responsible as a Canadian and a human being, to take a moment to reflect and pay tribute to the 4 slain RCMP officers in Alberta. For me this is a something that hits very close to come with Dad who is retired RCMP, and a brother who serves on a Metro police force. Over the next few days as sketchy accounts of the events are reported I think I will continue to endure knots in my stomach and a hatred for all things criminal.

I can't begin to imagine the pain an anguish felt by the families of these young officers, one of whom is reported to be 29 years of age and serving at his first post for only 3 weeks. I wish strength for the members left behind in their detachments that will go on serving their country and communities with pride while having to walk by empty cubicles and foot lockers.

The entire countries eyes will be on this small community for a few weeks, but the lasting effects on their families, partners, and comrads will last a lifetime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home